Kenya defense force comprises of the Kenya Army, Kenya Navy and the Kenya Air force Soldiers. KDF are charged with defending and protecting the territories of the country from external attacks. Joining KDF is one of the best thing as you stand to build a career and get involved in protecting the country.
Kenya Defense forces Ranks and Salaries: So, how much are Kenya defense force officers paid. KDF officers are the most highly paid public security officials in the country. The highest paid KDF officer is the Chief of Defense force officer while the lowest paid officer is the private non-commissioned officer.
Joining the forces is not a walk in the park as only a selected few who pass the recruitment process are selected. To join Kenya Defense force one must follow the recruitment procedures that are usually announced and done yearly across the country. Training of Army officers is done at Moi Barracks in Eldoret.
Kenya defense force salaries are pegged on rank, education level and years of service. The Salaries and Remuneration Commission of Kenya, reviews salaries of Kenya defense Force (KDF) Officers after every four years.
Salaries and Ranks Of Kenya Defense Force
Understanding Various ranks and disciplines within the Kenya Defense forces
Individuals join the Kenya defense Forces at various entry levels. Below are some disciplines and levels of entry into KDF with the salaries to expect.
Non- Commissioned Officers Ranks and Salaries
Under the Non-Commissioned Officers we have the below ranks from the lowest to the highest
- Private ( Salary: Sh.19,900 to Sh.30,000 per Month)
- Corporal (Salary: Sh.26,500 to Sh.50,000 per month)
- Sergeant ( Salary: Sh.32,250 to Sh.70,000 Monthly)
- Senior Sergeant ( Salary: Sh.40,000 to Sh.70,000 per Month)
- Warrant officer II (Salary: 73,200 to Sh.150,000 per Month)
- Warrant Officer I ( Salary: Sh. 73,200 to Sh.150,000 per Month)
Apart from the Non-Commissioned officers we also have the commissioned officers ranks.
Commissioned Officers Ranks and Salaries
Commissioned officers fall under the below ranks from the lowest to the highest
- Cadet ( Salary: Sh.7,000 to Sh.9,000 per Month)
- Second Lieutenant ( Salary: Sh. 130,735 to Sh.180,000 per Month)
- Lieutenant ( Sh.130,735 to Sh. 180,000 per Month)
- Captain (Sh.73,100 to Sh.110,000 per Month)
- Major ( Salary: Sh.102,000 to Sh.150,000 per Month)
- Lieutenant Colonel ( Salary: Sh.130,735 to Sh.180,000 per Month)
- Colonel ( Salary: Sh.153,300 to Sh.300,000 per Month)
- Brigadier ( Salary: Sh.153,300 to Sh.300,000 per Month)
- Major General ( Salary: Sh.102,106 to Sh.150,000 per Month)
- Lieutenant General ( Salary: Sh.632,900 to 800,000 per month)
- General ( Salary: Sh.894,897 to 1,000,000 per month)
The Kenya Defense Forces falls under the Ministry of Defense
Below is a brief Summary of Kenya Defense forces salaries in accordance with the rank and position.
KDF Salary Table
|Number||Rank||Pay Per Month (Ksh)|
|1||Chief of Defense Forces||Ksh 1,120,000|
|2||Deputy Chief of Defense Forces||Ksh 927,500|
|3||Commander of the Kenya Air Force||Ksh 906,014|
|4||Commander of the Kenya Navy||Ksh 902,432|
|7||Lieutenant- Colonel||Ksh 130,735|
|11||Lance Corporal||Ksh 26,509|
- Salaries of Journalists in Kenya
- Police Officers Salaries in Kenya
- Lecturers’ Salaries In Kenya
- Salaries for Doctors in Kenya in 2020
- Engineers salaries in Kenya | All Engineers
- New Salary Scale For Teachers After TSC Promotion
- How Much Do Kenya Power Workers Earn?
- How Much Commission Do M-Pesa Agents Earn Per Transaction? All You Need To Know