P1 Teachers Salary: The Teachers Service Commission has announced Sh.7 Billion for promotion of some 100,000 P1 teachers. The commission also announced the annual increment for all tutors in the service starting July 1st this year.
The teachers, who are all in Grade B5, previously called P1, will automatically be upgraded to Grade C1.
The salary increase will be implemented in two phases. It comes as a major gain for teachers who were moved to higher grades in the year 2017 following the signing of the collective bargaining agreement. For long teachers have agitated for better pay and this comes as a boost for them. Stagnation in one job group has been the major problem. Many teachers have retired after serving in the same job group for long.
Read Also:Salaries for Doctors in Kenya
Under the new deal, some 5,000 diploma teachers in secondary schools have also been lined up for promotion. At the same time, Grade B5 teachers who earn a basic salary of between Sh. 21,756 and Sh. 27,195 will now take home between Sh. 27,195 and Sh. 33,994.
READ ALSO:Salaries for Journalists in Kenya
The TSC will move all group B5 who were already teachers as of July 2017 and are strictly under CPG to C1. Teachers in C1 will move to C2 and C2 to C3. These teachers must be serving under CPG and not Schemes of Service. Grade C1 consists of secondary teacher III/lecturer III and primary teacher 1
For secondary school teachers, all C1 teachers will be moved to C2 for Diploma holders (secondary school teacher 2) while C2 teachers will be moved to C3 for Degree holders (teacher 1). P1 Teachers Salary.
Commencing from 1st July 2020, here is the new salary structure for teachers.
New Salary scale
- Chief Principal – Ksh. 165, 089 (minimum), and Ksh. 200, 928 (maximum)
- Senior Principal – Ksh. 143,748 (minimum) Ksh. 174,270 (maximum)
- Principal GAT I – Ksh. 129,527 (minimum) Ksh. 155,894 (maximum)
- Principal GAT II – Ksh. 80,190 (minimum) Ksh. 97,290 (maximum)
- Senior GAT – Ksh. 69,590 (minimum) Ksh. 83,840 (maximum)
- GAT I – Ksh. 61,910 (minimum) Ksh. 71,880 (maximum)
- GAT II – Ksh. 46,020 (minimum) Ksh. 56,590 (maximum)
- GAT III – Ksh. 34,662 (minimum) Ksh. 39,918 (maximum)
- ATS IV – Ksh. 28,323 (minimum) Ksh. 33,662 (maximum)
- P1 – Ksh. 25,692 (minimum) Ksh. 30,304 (maximum)