Okoa Stima allows KPLC customers to get electricity tokens and pay for the tokens later. This is an initiative between safaricom and KPLC for customers to be able to get electricity tokens during emergency times and when they do not have money. So, have you been disconnected from the electricity power and you have no money? Simply register for the Okoa stima program by dialing *885# on your phone to be able to Okoa Stima.
The Okoa Stima gives you a unique opportunity to get electricity and pay for it later. However there is a limit on how much one can borrow. The borrowing limit is between KSh.100 to Ksh.1000. However the limit will be determined by your mobile credit history.
How to register for Okoa Stima Service
- To register, Dial *885# using your Safaricom SIM Card
- Enter your National ID number
- Set your new Secrete PIN
- A confirmation message will be send via a text to your phone
- Choose continue to register meter/account and select register new then
- Select either Prepaid or Postpaid depending on your KPLC meter account.
- After entering meter or account, choose
Once you have registered your Meter number, it will be easy to Okoa Stima any time when in need.
Also Read:KPLC PayBill Numbers and Payment Process
Steps to Okoa Stima
To Okoa Stima
- Dial *885# from your Safaricom line
- Enter your Service PIN
- Select the account type. Pre-Paid or Post Paid
- Choose Okoa Stima option
- Choose Get Okoa Loan
- Select the meter number you wish to Get the loan for
- Select the loan Amount
- Confirm your request
How to Repay your Okoa Stima Loan on Pre-Pay
To repay your loan, ensure that you have sufficient funds on your Mpesa account before you can begin the process.
- Dial *885# on your Safaricom phone
- Enter your PIN
- Select prepaid
- Select Okoa Stima.
- Choose the “reply okoa stima” option, i.e. If you have an outstanding loan
- Select either full payment or a part payment, and it depends on the amount you have.
A notification message would be sent to you indicating your balance if you selected partial payment. For full payment, you will receive a notification, and that amount will be deducted from your Mpesa account.
How to Request Okoa Stima- Postpaid
- Dial *885# and enter PIN
- Select post paid
- Select the account, the bill on the account will be automatically displayed
- Select Okoa Stima and follow steps
How to Buy Kenya Power (KPLC) Prepaid Tokens via M-PESA Paybill Number 888880.
- Go to Safaricom SIM Tool Kit
- Select M-PESA
- Select “Lipa na M-PESA”
- Select “Pay Bill“
- Select “Enter Business no.“, Enter KPLC’s Lipa na M-PESA PayBill Number 888880 and press “OK”
- Select “Enter Account no.“, Enter your KPLC Prepaid Meter Number (e.g. 1234567810) press “OK”
- “Enter Amount“, between KSh100 and 35,000 and press “OK”
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and press “OK”
- Confirm all the details are correct and press “OK”
How To Pay KPLC Post Pay Bill
To pay postpaid electricity bill using MPesa:
- Select “Pay Bill” from the M-Pesa menu.
2. Enter the Kenya Power business number 888 888.
3. Enter your new Kenya Power account number e.g. 12345678.
4. Enter the amount you wish to pay which should be between Kshs. 100 and Kshs.35,000.
5. Enter your M-Pesa PIN.
6. Confirm that all details are correct.
7. You will receive a confirmation of the transaction via SMS
You can also use the Kenya Power Short USSD Code *977# to report power outage,buy tokens, pay bill, read meter among other services