Your airtime money keeps on getting deducted because of some premium SMSs that you never subscribed to or you subscribed to but you want to opt out. Premium and promotional subscription SMSs services sometimes can turn out to be a hell for many. This is considering the fact that your airtime gets deducted each time you receive an SMS from the premium service providers.
Sincerely speaking most of the premium subscriptions and promotional services such as news alerts and updates or tips on various issues, actually prey on customers to get money from them. All these is in the name of those SMS they send you.
Here is an example from one user who found himself on the receiving end after he lost a lot of money through Safaricom airtime in the name of premium subscriptions that he was unaware of.
Also Read:How To Start Selling On Jumia
-Hey, can someone help me out on how to stop these annoying news updates that I keep on receiving. The worst part is that my airtime keeps on disappearing whenever I receive an SMS. I have lost a lot of money and I can’t take it anymore. Any assistance please?-
Why Do You Receive these Messages?
One major reason why you keep on receiving these promotional messages that are charged per SMS received is because you subscribed to a premium service either knowingly or unknowingly. Most premium services are majorly charged between Ksh.10 to Ksh.50. The SMSs are usually Send daily meaning each time you receive an SMS your airtime is deducted.
How Can I Stop and Unsubscribe from SMS premium services?
To stop receiving the premium SMS services, you need to unsubscribe from the premium services you subscribed to by opting out by dialing *456# on your phone. Here is a step by step process to unsubscribe from Safaricom premium SMSs.
- On your safaricom line, Dial *456#
- Select “STOP” from the list
- Select “PROMOTIONAL MESSAGES” and proceed
- Select “Stop Promotional Messages”
- Enter the senders name for example; “200975” or “ORIGINALWIN” then send.
- You’ll receive a confirmation message from Safaricom
- If for some reason you’d like to unblock the sender, just repeat this steps but instead of “Stop Promotional Messages” select “Check Stopped Promotional Messages” and select the sender you’d like to reactivate the SMS Services.
Also Read:Lecturers’ Salaries In Kenya