Government sponsored teachers Training Colleges offers application to qualified candidate through the online platform on the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) online platform.
Intake is usually done from August to January of the following year.
If you wish to apply and join any government Teachers Training College (TTC) in Kenya, you can make your application online.
The platform does not only offer application for TTCs but also applications for universities and other colleges as well.
How to make TTC online application through KUCCPS
- Log into Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS)
- Click and select student portal Account
- Click on Log in
- Enter your KCSE Index Number
- Enter your KCSE year
- Under the password – Use Your Birth Certificate No. / KCPE Index No (as used in KCSE Exam Registration) as your Initial Password
- Make application as per your area of interest and qualifications
TTC Courses Offered In Kenya and the Minimum Requirements
Below is the list of courses offered in most of the teachers training colleges
- Certificate in Early Childhood and Development Education. Minimum entry grade D+
- Diploma in Early Childhood and Development Education. Minimum entry grade C plain
- P1 Certificate Courses Minimum KCSE entry grade C plain.
- Diploma Teaching Course. Minimum KCSE grade C+ with equivalent grade in two teaching subjects.
Common P1 Subjects Taught in TTC.
Below is a list of some of the subject units taught at TTCs
- Physical Education
- Home Science
Common Diploma subject Combinations Offered In Teacher Training Colleges
- Mathematics?/ geography
- Geography/Business Studies
- Computer Studies/Mathematics
- Home Science/English
- Home Science/Geography
If you were not placed under online application through the KUCCPS portal, you can as well contact the institution directly for admission.
Fees structure For TTC
Fees paid for one to train in a TTC vary depending on the course and the institution one has applied to join. However the fee is usually reasonable and charges per the institution varies slightly. You can easily access the fee structure of a given TTC by requesting for it from the institution or through their website.
Fee structure is usually included in the calling letter of every successful applicant.
- All Important TSC links and Portal Login
- List of Best Teachers Training Colleges (TTC) In Kenya
- Common Questions To Answer In Teacher Recruitment Online Form SNE and NCPWD
- How to Apply For TSC Number in Kenya : Step By Step Guide
- 2020 New Salary Scale For Teachers After TSC Promotion