6 Kenyan Companies are among the top 20 selected African Companies in the Google for Startups accelerator list of 2020. Considering the large number of startups that enter the market in Africa yearly, making it to top 20 google list is not a walk in the park.
This is an increase from 12 that are normally selected.
Google has stated that the program will run for 3 months as it is the norm, with a one week ‘virtual bootcamp’ per month, beginning 29th June until 11th September 2020.
The startups have carefully been selected from various sectors. Among the industries that the startups were picked from include: logistics, transportation, education, agriculture, e-commerce, media, health and professional services. Most of these startups leverage on technology to carry out their day to day businesses.
The Top 20 Google For Startups Accelerator List
- Adi+Bolga(Ghana): Adi+Bolga uses technology to provide virtual skincare consultations and accurate personalized product recommendations to consumers.
- AmiTruck(Kenya):Amitruck is a digital platform that seeks to bring trust, transparency and efficiency to logistics by using technology to connect cargo owners and transporters.
- Beamm(South Africa): Beamm allows users to make Hollywood style CGI and VFX videos with ease.
- BuuPass(Kenya): BuuPass works with transport operators to provide digital solutions that seamlessly facilitate convenient and reliable movement of commuters.
- Crediation(Kenya):Crediation empowers tech startups to lend to their customers. They provide APIs and a dashboard to allow their partners to access funds for lending and process loans.
- Credpal(Nigeria): CredPal develops consumer credit infrastructure to ease consumer credit purchase, and enable retail businesses to provide on-demand credit for consumers in Africa.
- Crop2Cash(Nigeria): Crop2Cash is an offline accessible platform for farmers making it possible for them to pay, get paid, access agricultural credit via USSD while assuring financial institutions of their lending capital.
- Curacel(Nigeria):Curacel is a Claims & Fraud Detection Platform for African Insurers.
- Festival Coins(Nigeria): Festival Coins is a suite of tools to help event organizations produce better events, with features including online ticketing, access control, cashless payments, and event reporting.
- Franc(South Africa):app is a mobile money management platform.
- Ilara Health(Kenya): Ilara Health brings essential diagnostic support and impactful software products to patients and providers across peri-urban sub-Saharan Africa who currently are unable to access these basic life-saving tools.
- Judy(Nigeria): The smart, comprehensive database of African case law and legislation.
- Kaoun(Tunisia): Kaoun enables unbanked and under banked individuals and businesses access to financial services through identification, payment and credit solutions.
- Send(Nigeria): Digital Freight forwarder and customs broker for Africa.
- Stears(Nigeria) : Stears is a trusted provider of high-quality African information that improves decision making.
- The Smarthub(Nigeria): SaaS for hospitals and a Digital hospital with multiple physical locations and more than 200 Doctors with its own Ambulance hailing service.
- Thumeza(Zimbabwe): A next-generation logistics platform utilising data in order to optimise the logistics function for enterprises
- Uzapoint(Kenya): UzaPoint is an enterprise resource planning tool that enhances the efficiency, profitability and business intelligence of small scale businesses in retail.
- Zayride(Ethiopia): Zayride provides reliable, timely, and safe cab services using technologically enabled dispatch systems and integrated mobile money systems for payment.
- Zuka Data Science(Kenya): A blended Learning Platform with engaging Data Science programs designed by experts to enable individuals and organizations at all levels become Data Fluent.
From the list, it is no secret that African startups are proving to be highly competitive on continental level. With new businesses being born daily, the competition is increasing and the more innovative ways are required for this companies to adapt.
All said and done, congratulations to all those companies that made it to top 20 list.