Police Clearance Certificate also known as Certificate of Good Conduct is a document issued by the Directorate of Criminal Investigation Department.
Gone are the days when you had to present yourself at the police station seeking for this vital document. Getting a police clearance certificate has been simplified since you can make the application online.
Where Do I get the certificate of Good Conduct
The only way to obtain certificate of good conduct is through making an online application. The application is made through he Directorate of Criminal Investigation portal on via the eCitizen portal. Manual application of the Good Conduct Certificate is not allowed. The online application is made first before taking your application forms to the nearest Huduma Center you selected for fingerprints documentation. The police clearance certificate is send directly to your eCitizen account once it is ready.
Who Qualifies to apply for Good Conduct Certificate
In Kenya, a certificate of conduct is issued to Kenyans residing in the country, Kenyans residing in foreign countries, foreign citizens (who are not aliens or refugees in Kenya) and foreign citizens (who are aliens and refugees in Kenya).
You cannot apply for police clearance certificate on behalf of another person. Applicants must make their own applications through their eCitizen portal.
How can children apply for Police Clearance Certificate
For persons under the age of 18, they cannot hold an eCitizen account since they do not possess a National Identity Card. Minors must apply for the police clearance certificate thought their parents portal. In this case parents can make applications on behalf of their children. However the child must have an original birth certificate. A clear copy of the birth certificate must also be presented during the application. Upon the completion of the application process, the good conduct certificate will be send to the parents eCitizen portal for printing
Requirements for good conduct application
• Original ID or birth certificate for minors
• An active email address
• Phone/phone Number
• Ksh. 1050
Before you can begin the application process you need to create an eCitizen account.
How To Create an eCitizen account
In case you are wondering what an eCitizen account is, this is a government portal that can be used to access several government services among them business registration,NTSA services,Immigration Services and many others
Police Clearance Certificate is a service offered under Directorate of Criminal Investigation Department on the eCitizen platform.
Go to eCitizen to begin creating your account
- Log in to yours account
- Proceed to Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
- Read the instructions carefully then fill the application form.
- Select the mode of payment and pay for the police Clearance.
- Download and print two(2) copies of your invoice, and one copy of your C24 on both sides of an A4 paper
- Present the C24 and the payment invoice with an original National ID for adults and Original birth certificate for minors, to the DIRECTORATE OF CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS DEPARTMENT HEADQUARTERS or the nearest HUDUMA CENTER for finger print processing.
- How to Apply For TSC Number in Kenya
- How to apply for HELB Compliance Certificate
- Guide to Filing KRA ITAX Returns
- How To Download Videos From Youtube
• Choose The payment Method you want
• You can pay using mobile money, Credit and Debit.
• If you are using M-Pesa,use the eCitizen Paybill 206206 and account number generated by the system to make payment of Ksh. 1050
• Click on ‘Complete’
• You will see a payment successful message after a few seconds.
NOTE: If you get payment failed Message. Do not worry, just go back to the dashboard and click on the draft thread of the failed payment. You will see a ‘paid’ update and download the invoice and the C24 form.
During the submission you need the following:
TWO(2) copies of the invoice
>ONE(1) copy of the C24 printed on Both sides .
>Applicant in Person.
>Original ID card and its Photocopy or Birth Certificate & its copy for those under 18 years.
>One must allow his/her fingerprints and palm prints to be recorded on a prescribed fingerprint form C24.
How Long Does it Take to get the certificate of Good Conduct
Upon successful completion of making application for the good conduct, it takes one month for your certificate to be ready. During this period, the Directorate of Criminal investigation runs a background check to determine whether you have any criminal record in the recent past. If you do not have any criminal record you will receive your certificate after a period of one month. The waiting period may however be long or short depending on a number of factors.