Mombasa county has made it easy for residents to apply for both company and single business permit through the Mombasa Electronic Services (e-Services) platform. In this article we take a look at how you can make application for a business permit in Mombasa County.
The Mombasa Electronic Services (e-Services) is an online platform where citizens and businesses can easily and conveniently access various automated government–to business services that make it easier and faster to apply process, pay and obtain several permits.
Among the services you can apply for in Mombasa county through this platform include; Single Business Permit, fire certificate, advertising permit, liquor permit among other services.
To apply or renew your business permit in Mombasa, follow the below steps
Mombasa county business permit online application procedure.
- Log into The Mombasa Electronic Services (e-Services) platform. If you do not have an account, create one.
- You will be redirected to The e-Citizen login window where you will have to Sign-In or Sign Up. Use your eCitizen individual/ personal ID or the Business ID to make application.
- Click on Add business found in the Mombasa county E-Citizen portal. This option will create a business profile which you can use for all your future applications.
- Fill in the online form with the correct information and attach all the required documents eg ID and KRA details, business location, type of business among others, then select Continue.
- Upon filling the online for with the required details, preview your entries and if okay, select Submit.
- You will be presented with the payment options. From this, chose your preferred payment method and make the payment.
- Upon successful payment, a Provisional Business Permit will be automatically generated by the system.
- Download and print the provisional business permit. A Provisional Permit is an interim permit of the final Single Business Permit.
- After inspection and approval by the County officers, the final Single Business Permit (SBP) and Fire Certificate will be automatically generated by the system for you to download and print.
- Download and print the final Single Business Permit (SBP) permit and Fire Certificate
If you are not familiar with the online application process, you can get it done on your behalf in a cyber or you can as well visit the Mombasa County offices for manual processing of your business permit.
During application, there are various payment options for one to use in the application process. Among the available payment options for business permit application in Mombasa county are;
- Local bank transfer
- Cash deposit at KCB
Upon making the payment, the Mombasa County Government receives the payment in real time and a permit is generated immediately.
It is important to note that, Upon submission of the online Single Business Permit (SBP) application form and payment of the requisite fees, the County Government of Mombasa officers can review, inspect and approve the submitted applications through the platform.
Mombasa county has made it mandatory for all businesses to pay for the dimensional signage as part of the Single Business Permit (SBP) based on the type of signage they have on their premises.