YouTube comments can be useful, but they can also be spammy, offensive or just plain distracting. If you’re tired of reading through endless comments that don’t add anything to your viewing experience, it’s easy to disable them. To disable comments on your channel, click on your account icon in the top right corner of the screen and select Creator Studio.
The comments section on YouTube is a place where people go to be horrible to each other.
It’s a shame, because many times the videos that get posted are really cute and funny, and they deserve better than to be associated with such vitriol.
How To Turn Off YouTube Comments
Luckily, you can turn off YouTube comments or disable them entirely from your computer. You can also block comments from specific users as well. Here’s how:
1. Open your browser and go to www.youtube.com. Click on your profile picture in the top right hand corner of the screen and select “Settings.”
2. On the next page click on “Show advanced settings” at the bottom of the page that loads up afterward and scroll down until you see “Commenting” in blue text below Privacy & Safety. Click on it so you can see all options for this feature on YouTube.
3. Scroll down again until you see “Allow Comments.”
4. Click on it so that it turns grey and unselectable (or deselect if already selected). This will turn off comments entirely for your account.
YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world, and one of the most popular websites on the internet. It’s not just for watching cat videos and music videos anymore; YouTube has become an entertainment hub for many people around the world.
If you’re a YouTuber, you probably spend a lot of time watching other people’s videos and interacting with their content. However, if you’re not careful, your channel could be exposed to some unwanted attention as well.
YouTube comments can be a breeding ground for trolls who want nothing more than to disrupt your channel and make it difficult for viewers to engage with your content.
How to Block YouTube Comments From Specific Users
Blocking users on YouTube allows you to stop them from posting comments or viewing your videos altogether. This feature is very useful if you want to stop abusive users from contacting you, but it also has another advantage: it helps prevent them from seeing any new comments in your videos. If someone leaves a nasty comment on your video and then blocks them from their account, they won’t see their comment!
You can block users by clicking on their name in the comment section of any video page. Once this user is blocked, all of their comments will be moved out of sight so that only other people who have not blocked them can see them.
Removing a comment as spam is another way that you can stop trolls from ruining your video’s reputation. When someone leaves a rude or abusive comment on one of your videos, they might also report it as spam so that others don’t see.
How to Enable YouTube Comments
There are two ways to enable comments on YouTube:
1. In the Video Manager, select the video you want to enable comments on, then click the Edit button in the top right corner of the page.
2. Click on Advanced Settings and then toggle on Allow Comments for Public Videos Only.
You can enable YouTube comments in your videos by following these steps:
1. Click the “Video Manager” link at the top of your account.
2. Select the video you want to enable comments on, then click “Edit.”
3. Click “Advanced settings” and then select “Allow comments.”
4. Click Save changes
Earn More With Your Website
Now your can earn more with your website. Triple your Google AdSense earnings by signing up with Ezoic.