Have you lost or misplaced your KCPE/KCSE academic certificate? If you are in this situation and you are wondering how you can get another certificate. This article will take you through the online process for lost KCPE or KCSE certificate replacement process in Kenya through QMIS.
Yes you can apply for lost KCPE or KCSE certificate replacement online. Gone are the days where you had to visit the KNEC offices in Nairobi to apply for Lost certificates replacements. The application can easily be done online through the Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) Query Management Information System (QMIS)
The Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) and Kenya Certificate of Secondary(KCSE) Education documents are very crucial for anyone to adavnce in their education and career.
Requirements for Lost KCPE or KCSE certificate replacement application process
- Scanned copy of the certificate [s] or result slips[s]
- Sworn legal affidavit on the identity of the applicant
- Police Abstract
- Copy of Identification Card [ID]/Passport or Birth Certificate
- Letter of recommendation from employer to KNEC
- Certificate replacement fee of Ksh.2,320 payable via MPESA paybill Number 250544
In case you are not employed or you are not seeking any job you can may exclude the letter. However should there be any institution that has requested for your certificate, then get a letter from them addressed to KNEC
Now that you have all the required documents, it’s time to apply for KCPE or KCSE certificate replacement.
You will now need to create an account on the Query Management Information System (QMIS). You can do so by clicking on this link https://qmis.knec.ac.ke
Lost KCPE or KCSE Replacement Process In Kenya
- Log into the KNEC Query Management Information System (QMIS)
- Use your credentials to log in or create a new account if you do not have one
- Click on confirm and fill in the required details
- Upload the necessary documents as required
- Make the payment prompted via the system using the provided Mpesa number and the account number
- Conform your details and send the payment
- Submit your application
- Upon successful processing of the query, KNEC, using the applicant’s provided email or phone number, notifies them to collect their processed document(s).
- The applicant is at the point of collection required to avail original copies of the documents they had attached during the application process.
By following these simple steps, you will be able to successfully make your application.
It is important to always remember the email and the password used. This is because you will always need them to log into your account.
In case you forgot your password, you can reset it by clicking on forgot password option
You can always make inquiries to KNEC concerning your application or for any query using the below contacts.
Phone Number 0720741001/0732333860
Functions of Query Management Information System (QMIS) platform
Did you know that QMIS has more than one functionality?
Yes you can use Query Management Information System (QMIS) platform for online submission and processing of issues relating to examination results such as Certification of Examination Results for candidates who have lost their certificates, Biodata amendments (name, photo, gender, year of birth, birth certificate number, citizenship, entry code. Confirmation of Examination Results,for students and Equation of Foreign Qualifications.