The recently introduced Digital Service Tax (DST) requires individuals and businesses to pay 1.5% in tax of all the revenue earned through digital services. In this article we take you through step by step process of filing your monthly Digital Service Tax on the KRA iTax portal.
The Digital Service Tax of the previous month is payable on or before 20th of the next month. For instance, January Digital Service Tax payment is due on or before 20th February for income generated from services offered through a digital marketplace for the month of January.
How to file for Digital Service Tax on iTax Online platform
- Log in to your iTax profile using your PIN and Password
- Click on Payment Registration icon on the landing page or on Payment Registration under the Payments drop down menu.
- Click next to proceed
- An e-Payment Registration Form will be displayed .
- Select the Tax head as Income Tax, Tax Sub Head as Digital Service Tax-(DST), Payment Type as Self-Assessment Tax and the Tax Period (Year and Month).
- Input the Monthly Turnover Value, select your Mode of Payment eg bank or MPesa and click on Submit.
- Click on the Pay Now with Mobile Money or Credit Card button or on Make Payment under the Payment Registration menu to access the Web Checkout form
- On the Web Checkout Form, select mode of payment as Debit Card / Credit Card, your Type of Card and Preferred Bank. Fill in your Mobile Number and click on submit
- The System will redirect you to the iTax Payment page.
- Confirm your details and click on proceed.
- Select Pay with Car dand click on proceed.
- Enter your card details or M-Pesa details and click on pay to complete the payment process.
By following these simple steps, you will successfully make the payment.