Before you can link your PayaPal account with M-Pesa you need to create a PayPal account first and have an active M-Pesa SIM Card. Log into PayPal website to create a PayPal account. Once you have linked your PayPal account to Mpesa, you will be able to send and withdraw money from your PayPal account direct to your Mpesa.
Sending money Though PayPal Mobile Money to Mpesa is facilitated by Thunes, an online payment system that facilitated various forms of payment in various carrencies across 110 countries.
How To Link Your PayPal Account With M-Pesa
- Log in with your PayPal login details. Your PayPal registration name should match your M-Pesa registration details
- Enter your M-PESA account phone number.
- After submitting your account details, you will receive a 4-digit verification code to the mobile number associated with your M-PESA account.
- Enter the code to confirm and complete the account linkage.
- That’s it! Log in directly with your PayPal email and password and get started.
How to Withdraw From PayPal Account to M-Pesa
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Click on Withdraw.
- Your available balance will be displayed. You will only be able to withdraw money up to the available USD balance shown in your PayPal account. If you hold a balance in your PayPal account in a different currency, you will need to log in to your PayPal account at paypal.com/ke and convert the money into USD.
- Enter the amount you would like to withdraw from your PayPal account in USD.
- You will be redirected to a page showing the amount to be received in KES, the exchange rate used for the currency conversion, and the estimated transaction processing time.
- Confirm and complete the withdrawal.
How To Top Up Paypal account using M-Pesa
- After completing the registration, click Top Up.
- Enter the amount you would like to top up in USD and click on Calculate to get the equivalent amount converted in KES. This is the KES amount you need to transfer from your M-PESA account. The exchange rate used will be displayed on the same page.
- Go to your M-PESA menu and select “Lipa na M-PESA” then the Pay Bill option.
- Enter Business Number 800088.
- Enter your phone number as the Account Number.
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and click on Send.
- The top up amount will then be updated in your Paypal account