Kenyans wishing to travel via SGR Madaraka express or on inter-county train can easily book their Standard Guage Railway (SGR) tickets in advance through the Metickets website.
The good news is that you do not need to wait until the travel day to book your ticket. One can easily book Standard Guage Railway – SGR train at the comfort of their house and make the payment online via Mpesa.
How to book SGR train online – Steps involved
Wondering how to book SGR train? There are four major steps involved when booking SGR train online;
- Book a train ticket – Search for Express or Inter-County Trains and submit your travel details.
- Pay for your ticket- Make the payment for the ticket amount using Mpesa
- Receive your booking confirmation- Get your sms and/or email confirmation with a unique code
- Present your ticket to travel- Present the payment sms and/or email to print ticket on the date of travel.
Yes, by following these 4 simple steps you will be able to book SGR train online.
Now that you are planning to travel, this article will take you though the step by step process of making the SGR booking and payment.
How to book SGR train online and make ticket payment
- Visti metickets.krc.co.ke website
- Use the homepage interphase for booking
- Select your preferred train eg Madaraka express for the afternoon travel or inter-county train for the morning travel
- Select your train boarding station ie Mombasa, Athi River, Emali, Kibwezi, Miaseny, Mariakani, Mtito Andei, Voi or Nairobi.
- Select your desired destination among the ones available on the list- Nairobi, Voi, Mtito Andei, Mariakani, Miaseny, Kibwezi, Emali, Athi River or Mombasa
- Select your travel date
- Select the couch type you wish to travel in and indicate the number passangers.
- Enter the passanger details
- Select payment method eg Mpesa.
- You will receive a payment confirmation and your ticket will be generated automatically.
By following the above steps you will sucessfully get your online ticket.
How to Pay for SGR ticket via USSD code on your Safaricom phone.
This method is best for SGR passangers who have no smartphones.
- Dial *639# using your Safaricom line on your phone.
- Select the desired train (inter-county train for morning or express train for afternoon)
- Follow the provided prompts to select destination and make payment
- You will receive a confirmation SMS for your payment
- The account number to make your paymemt via Mpesa will be provided during the process.
- Keep your ticket number or print it and produce it on the travel day
That’s it you will sucessfully purchased your ticket.