CRB clearance certificate is an important document provided by the Credit Reference Bureau in Kenya. For one to be able to get the CRB certificate one must follow the required procedures from getting the credit report, having it Updated and applying for the certificate through Metropol, TransUnion or Credit info. This article will take you through CRB certificate application process.
CRB Clearance Certificate Application With TransUnion
How To Register with Trans Union
To register with Trans Union you need to have an active Safaricom line registered under your name
- Go to M-Pesa menu
- Lipa Na M-Pesa
- Pay Bill
- Enter business number: 212121
- Account Number: Your ID No.
- Amount: Ksh.50
Once you have registered, you will need to generate your CRB report. This will require you to download the TransUnion Nipashe App from PlayStore. Then follow the below procedure to be able to generate a credit report.
- Open the TransUnion Nipashe App
- Enter your name as it appears on your national ID,
- Enter your ID
- Enter your phone number
- Accept the terms and conditions
- Press “Next”
- On the TransUnion Nipashe Welcome page that will appear, press “Activate”
- An activation code will be send to your phone through SMS.
- Enter the activation code you will receive and press “Verify”
- Locate a column written “CREDIT REPORT” and press It
- Enter your Email and send.
- A credit report will be send directly to your Email.
- In your Email inbox download and open the report with your ID as your password
If your report is okay or positive with no listed account, you can go ahead and generate the clearance certificate from the App. If you have a challenge interpreting the report. See CRB report interpretation before you can proceed.
If you have any Non performing account you will need to repay the loan, get your CRB account updated with CRB a CRB agent. You can contact one here.
Only after your account has been updated, you will be able to request for the certificate. In most cases the agent will need a batch number from your money lender to be able to assist you. it is therefore advisable you request for a batch number from the money lender once you have cleared the defaulted loan.
How To Apply for CRB Certificate of Clearance
Now that you have your report and you don’t have any non performing account, it’s time to generate your certificate. The first thing is to pay the 2200 application fee for the Clearance certificate
Certificate Payment procedure
- Go to M-Pesa on your Safaricom line
- Lipa na M-Pesa
- Pay Bill: 212121
- Account Number:Your ID Number
- Enter Amount: 2200
- Enter your M-Pesa pin
After you have received the M-Pesa confirmation SMS. Open your TransUnion Nipashe APP
- Log in to your TransUnion Nipashe App
- Enter your details
- Accept terms and conditions and press next
- Enter the activation code
- Locate the column written “Clearance Certificate”
- Enter your Email
The certificate will be send to your email directly. Use your ID number as your password to open it before you can be able to download and print it.
You can as well apply for a CRB Clearance certificate through Metropol. For Metropol, dial *433# then follow the prompts. Generate your report first before you can apply for the certificate.