Instagram live is a great way to connect with your followers and give them a behind-the-scenes look at what you’re up to. You can share your tips and tricks, answer questions from customers or potential customers, or just talk about what’s going on in your life right now. But because of some reasons, you might want to turn off comments on your Instagram live page. You can hide comments on Instagram live by turning off the comment option easily. You will need to be the host to be able to turn off Instagram live comments.
You can start an Instagram live session by tapping on the profile icon in the top left corner of your screen. Then tap “Live” in the bottom right corner of your screen. You’ll see a countdown timer show up on the screen—this is how long you have until your broadcast starts!
After that, it’s just like any other post: type out what you want people to know when they tune in. If this is the first time someone has tuned into one of your broadcasts, they’ll be able to see all previous broadcasts by clicking on “More” at the bottom of the screen and then choosing “Past Broadcasts.”
Once you start broadcasting, people will be able to comment on what you’re saying as well as ask questions using hashtags (#). These comments are visible only during that particular broadcast—they won’t show up again unless someone rewatches. However, if you want to turn this comments off, follow the steps below:
How To Turn Off Comments On Instagram Live
Step 1: Open your Instagram app.
Step 2: Tap on the camera button at the top left-hand corner of your home screen.
Step 3: Tap on the “Live” option at the bottom of the screen.
Step 4: Allow the app to access your microphone and camera.
Step 5: Tap on “Start Live Video”.
Step 6: Tap on “More Options” in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
Step 7: Toggle off “Comments”.
Why you might want to turn off comments On Instagram Live
If you’re wondering why you might want to turn off comments on Instagram Live, we’ve got some answers for you.
You might have noticed that when you start an Instagram Live video, viewers can leave comments in real time. That’s great for engagement and interacting with your audience, but it also means that if someone says something inappropriate or offensive during the broadcast, it’ll be visible for everyone who watches.
If you don’t want to worry about that kind of thing happening again, there are a few things you can do:
1) Turn off comments on your own account—you can do this by going into your profile settings and clicking “Turn Off” next to “Comments.” This will stop any new comments from showing up in your broadcasts, but existing comments will still be visible until they expire after 24 hours.
2) Turn off comments on the broadcast itself—this is easy! Just tap the arrow in the top right corner of a broadcast and choose “Disable Comments.” This will remove all comments from view (but not delete them), so if people say something inappropriate during the live stream, it won’t be visible afterward.
How To Go Live On Instagram
1. Open Instagram.
2. Tap the Camera icon on the bottom right corner of your screen.
3. Swipe right over to the Live Video option and tap “Go Live” (the red button).
4. Choose who you want to share your live video with by tapping on the circles at the top of your screen. You can choose to share it with everyone, or just select certain people by tapping on their names in your list of followers or friends!
5. When you’re ready, tap “Start Broadcast” and go crazy.