PayPal Mobile money enables Mpesa customers to be able to transfer money across the two platform. PayPal has made it possible through a third-party platform called Thunes. The good news is that the transfer of funds across the two platforms is instant. In this article I will share with you on you can withdraw money from your PayPal account to Mpesa and also how to deposit money to your PayPal online account using Mpesa.
How Do You Transfer Money With PayPal Via Mpesa?
First, before you can be able to send and withdraw money with PayPal via Mpesa you will first need to connect your PayPal online account with Mpesa.
How to Link Mpesa to PayPal account
- Visit The PayPal Mobile Money website
- Select add Mpesa Number
- Enter your MPESA phone number.
- After submitting your account details, you will receive a 4-digit verification code to the mobile number associated with your M-PESA account.
- Enter the code to confirm and complete the account linkage.
- That’s it! Log in directly with your PayPal email and password and get started
How To Withdraw Money From PayPal To Mpesa
- Log in to your PayPal Mobile Money account with your email and password
- Click on Withdraw option
- Your available balance will be displayed ready for withdrawal.
- Enter the amount you would like to withdraw from your PayPal account in USD. The amount should be equivalent or less than your account balance
- Once you have entered the amount, the amount will automatically be converted into your local currency as per the exchange rate at the time.
- Confirm and complete the transaction by clicking on withdraw.
How to Top Up Your PayPal Account Using Mpesa
- Log into your PayPal Mobile Money account.
- Click on Top up to PayPal
- Enter the amount you would like to top up in USD and click on Calculate to get the equivalent amount converted in KES.
- Go to your M-PESA menu and select “Lipa na M-PESA” then the Pay Bill option.
- Enter Business Number 800088.
- Enter your phone number as the Account Number.
- Enter the amount equivalent to the exchange rate at the moment
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and click on Send.
- The top up amount will then be updated in your PayPal account
PayPal and Mpesa partnership is one of the greatest ad quickest way to transfer money across platforms. Unlike banks that would usually take hours or days to process your payment, money transfer with PayPal is instant.