Zoom is by far the best virtual meeting online platform that is easy to setup and use. Zoom has emerged as one of the popular solutions for video conferencing. One of the reasons behind its popularity is the ability to offer cross-platform support eg smartphones, Tablets and laptop computers.
It does not end at that, Zoom also offers features such as the ability to join a meeting through a Web browser and share your screen with up to 100 participants. All this makes it a compelling option against the likes of Google Hangouts Meet and Microsoft Teams.
What you will need to get started with Zoom
Before you can get started with Zoom, you will required to make a setup that will ensure everything runs smoothly. Below is a list of things you will need to set up a Zoom meeting;
- A clear camera connected smartphone, tablet or laptop computer
- A stable internet connection
- If you you have been invited to the Zoom Conference, you will need a connection link and the webinar ID.
Now that you have what is required how do you get started with zoom especially if you are the host?
Here are the five main steps to quickly host a Zoom meeting on a computer desktop.
How to get started with Zoom in 7 steps
- Download the Zoom app and install it on your Smartphone, tablet or laptop computer. If you are using a desktop make sure it is connected to the webcam.
- Launch the Zoom app on your computer.
- Now, click on the Sign In button in case you haven’t signed in yet. Or sign up if you are yet to create an account with Zoom.
- Once signed in, go to the home screen from where you’ll need to tap the New Meeting button. You’ll also have the option to disable the video by clicking the downward icon beneath the New Meeting button.
- Click the button to launch the meeting, Zoom will load a screen that will provide you with details such as Meeting Topic, Host Name, Password, Numeric Password for telephone and room systems, Invitation URL, and Participant ID.
- Invite other participants from the same screen. Similarly, the option to share your screen will also be provided.
- Once you’re done with your meeting, you can click the End Meeting button to conclude it. A dialogue box will pop-up on the screen from where you can click the End Meeting for All to terminate it for all participants. You can also leave the meeting at your end and make someone else as a host by pressing the Leave Meeting button from the pop-up dialogue. This will continue the conversation among the participants, while you’ll be able to log out.
Zoom makes it possible to host meetings with people that are miles away with ease. It does not matter how far apart the participants are. As long as they are connected, the online meeting can be contacted swiftly.