Standard Chartered bank has adapted and embraced mobile money transfer methods and now Standard Chartered customers can easily deposit money to their bank account using Mpesa.
To send money to your Standard chartered account from Mpesa you first need to be a Standard Chartered account and register for mobile banking using your phone number.
SC Customers can register by visiting any Standard Chartered Bank Branch and filling in the e-registration form or you can as well register via Online Banking.
To register for mobile banking, visit any of the Standard Chartered bank branches near you. Once you are registered, you will receive a SMS notification with your 6 Digit One Time Pin (OTP). Dial *722# and change your One Time Pin to your 6 Digit Pin, which you will use to access Mobile Banking services.
How to send money to your Standard Chartered account from Mpesa
To deposit money to your Standard Chartered account from Mpesa;
- Dial *722# using your registered Safaricom Mpesa number
- Select Transfer money services
- Select deposit to bank
- Choose your Standard Chartered account you wish to deposit money to
- Enter the amount you wish to send to your standard bank account
- Enter your Mobile PIN number
You will receive an SMS confirming your deposit from Standard Chartered bank confirming your deposit.
You will also receive an SMS from Mpesa confirming the payment.
With Standard Chartered Mobile money you can;
- Send Money (MPESA or Airtel) / Transfer funds to a nominated Standard Chartered Bank account
- Buy Airtime
- Select Product (Apply for credit card or top-up your personal loan)
- Make Payments (KPLC / DSTV)
- Manage your account (Check your balance, view mini-statements)
Standard Chartered Mobile Banking is a fast, easy, convenient and secure way of accessing your bank 24 hours a day 7 days a week from wherever you are. It allows you to carry out menu driven transactions with a lot of ease without having to remember any key words and downloading any applications on your handset