How To Check Your NHIF Contributions Status the Easy Way
You do not need to visit the NHIF offices each time you want to know your NHIF contributions account status. In this article I will show you how you can easily check your NHIF Contributions via a mobile messaging platform.
There are three methods you can use to check your NHIF contributions and status. You can check your NHIF status through Mobile SMS services, through the NHIF online platform and through NHIF regional offices.
The use of technology in most government sectors has improved efficiency in delivery of most government services to the citizens. And NHIF being one of them, you can easily check, confirm and submit your monthly contributions via phone.
How To Check Your NHIF Contributions Via Mobile Phone
To check your NHIF contribution status via your phone;
- Compose a new text SMS
- Write ID then Space followed by your ID Number eg ID 26387156
- Send the SMS to 21101
- You will receive a confirmation message with your NHIF account contribution status.
- You will be charged Sh. 10 for the SMS service.
You can also check your NHIF contributions online through the NHIF online portal. To be able to do this, you will need to sign up first before you can log in.
How to check your NHIF Contributions Online
- Log into the NHIF website
- Select Self Care services
- Enter Your ID number( If you are already registered)
- You will receive a One Time Password (OTP) on the phone number you registered with.
- Enter the password to log into your account dashboard.
- Select Status
- You will be able to see all your monthly contributions under your status.
The online platform will also enable you to choose your preferred outpatient facility and get any support you might need. If you are yet to register with NHIF you can also do it online.
How To Check Your NHIF Contributions In Service Centres
You can also visit the nearest NHIF centre physically to check your contribution status. To be able to do these, you will need to have our NHIF registration number or our ID card. The representatives at the customer care desk will be able to retrieve your NHIF data from the database and update you.
Also Read:How To Pay NHIF Contribution Via Mpesa
Struggling to sell!!!? People are selling and buying items in your area. Sell anything on the largest online marketplace in Kenya. Visit Sokoplus.co.ke