Kenya power customers both prepaid and postpaid customers can easily pay for their power bills through the Kenya power paybill number.
How to buy kenya Power tokens
To buy Kenya power tokens, use the Kenya power Paybill number 888880. For the account number, your meter number should be used as the account number.
How to buy power tokens through Mpesa
- Got to your Mpesa menu
- Select lipa na Mpesa
- Select Paybill
- Select Business number
- Enter 888880 as the business number
- Under account number enter your meter number
- Enter the amount
You will receive a confirmation SMS from Mpesa confirming your purchase. You will also receive token numbers and units allocated to the token.
Feed the tokens in your token meter
How to recharge your Token meter
- Purchase the tokens
- On your KPLC token meter, directly enter the tokens by dialing the token numbers on the meter.
- Press the green button to load the tokens on your meter
- In case you misspelled any digit, cancel it by pressing the red button
- Once you have loaded your tokens, wait for a few second for your token meter to read and display the cumulative tokens you have
Apart from the Mpesa method you can as well purchase Kenya power tokens from various bank agents and Kenya power agents
How to pay for Kenya power postpaid electricity bill
- Select “Pay Bill” from the M-Pesa menu.
- Enter the Kenya Power business number 888 888.
- Enter your new Kenya Power account number e.g. 123456.
- Enter the amount you wish to pay
- Enter your M-Pesa PIN.
- Confirm that all details are correct.
- You will receive a confirmation of the transaction via SMS.
You can also visit your nearest Kenya power offices to know your bill and make payment