Forgetting a password for an important account like KRA iTax happens to anyone given that you only use it once in a year when filing your tax returns. When you apply for KRA PIN for the first time, a password is usually sent to your email. You are required to log in to your KRA itax portal for the first time and create a new password. The process involves inserting the password send to your email first before you can create an ideal password you are comfortable with
When you forget your password take it easy now that we have you covered through this guide that will see your problem sorted.
Step By Step procedure for KRA Password Reset
To reset forgotten KRA password..
- Open your browser and log in to KRA itax portal: itax.kra.go.ke.
- Once on the website, type your KRA pin and click continue
- Proceed downward and click where it is written: “forgot password/unlock account.”
- Proceed to answer the security question and then click submit.
- A password will be sent to your email
- Log into your email to get the new password
- Enter your PIN and the password sent to your email and press login.
- Enter a new password that you can easily remember and confirm it
- Choose a security question and the answer
- That’s it. Your new password will automatically updated.
If you cannot remember the email you used to create your password, you will need to visit the nearest KRA office for assistance.
In case your KRA pin is yet to be migrated to the itax system, you can easily do so by using your current or new email.