Kenya Power token meters at some point may present challenges that may make it cumbersome to recharge the tokens to get connected to power again. Troubleshooting token meters has become almost a must for any token users in most homestead.
You run out of token and the first thing on your mind is to quickly buy tokens so that you can get connected again. After purchasing the tokens, you rush to the token meter box only to realize that you cannot feed in the tokens as the meter reading is blank and does not show anything. This scenario can be a nightmare to many us there is no way you can feed the tokens on a blank token meter screen
Having some skills on how to troubleshoot and solve some of the challenges associated with the use of these Kenya Power token meters can save you from heavier and frequent costs to hire an electrician. In this article I take you through some basing troubleshooting and how to solve common problems or challenges that comes with the meter token.
If this is the case for you, try the below process to get back your meter reading before you can recharge the tokens.
How to recharge tokens on a token Meter that goes off and turns blank when tokens are over
- Make sure the meter is plugged in a socket in your house even if the power is off and the socket is on
- Check your meter reading and if it displays correctly then load the token number
- If the token meter displays a configuration error such ass “con-fail” unplug the socket and plug it again. This should be able to clear the configuration error of your token meter and display as usual.
- If your token meter is not mounted on the wall and the problem still persists, carry the meter token gadget and the socket plug cable with you to your neighboring house to trouble shoot by plugging in power socket.
- Alternatively you can do this directly on your main meter box by as show in the photos below this post
- Plug the cable in the token meter and the power socket. By doing this. the meter should automatically read.
- Recharge your meter and automatically your house will be connected to power once you have fed the system with tokens
- If your meter is plugged on the wall, make sure the token meter wire is firmly connected to the power adapter. Should the wires be loose, you can easily fix them by inserting them in their right position and your meter will be able to display.
- Use this guide for more information and and learn how you can fix this issue by yourself.
— Michewa (@michewaf1) June 9, 2019
By following the above procedures, you should be able to troubleshoot and solve any problem associated with Kenya Power token meters.
People are selling and buying items in your area. Find the hottest and latest offers on goods and services near you. Visit Sokoplus.co.ke