Local passengers can now easily book a Jambojet flight online and pay via Mpesa. The use of Mpesa for online payments makes the process faster and easy. It also gives opportunity to people who have Mpesa as the only online payment method that they can access. In this article, we will take you through a step by step guide on how to book a Jambojet flight online and pay via Mpesa.
Jambojet is a Kenyan budget airline that was founded in 2013 and started operations a year later. The airline which is a subsidiary of the national carrier, Kenya Airways (KQ), operates from its headquarters which is Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) in Nairobi to local destinations such as Mombasa, Kisumu, Eldoret, etc.
Like most other airlines or organizations, Jambojet has incorporated different online payment methods to enable its customers to easily make payments online without a hitch. These payment methods are in the form of cards such as Mastercard, Visa, American Express and mobile payment platforms such as Mpesa, Airtel Money and Equitel. From the list, paying for a Jambojet flight online via Mpesa is probably the most utilized online payment method.
Step by Step Guide on How to Book Jambojet Flight Online and Pay Via Mpesa
- Using an internet connected mobile phone, tablet or a computer, visit Jambojet website, www.jambojet.com
- When the page fully loads, you will see a section where you are supposed to book your flight. Click on the tab labelled, “Book a flight”.
- Below it are three other tabs labelled one way, Round trip and Multi-city. Choose one. Their explanations are as shown below:
One way: click on this tab if you intend to travel from city A to city B only without returning.
Round trip: Choose this tab if you want to book a return flight for example, from city A to city B and then from city B back to city A.
Multi-city: Select this option if you intend to travel to multiple cities for example from city A to city B, from city B to city D …and so on.
NOTE: For the sake of this step by step guide, we shall use Round trip as an example.
- Next, there are two text boxes labelled, “from” and “to”. Click on “from” to choose the city you want to start your flight, for example Eldoret. Click on “to” to choose your destination, for example Mombasa.
- Below those two text boxes, are two date input fields labelled, “outbound” and “Return”. Click on “outbound” to choose the date you would like to take your Jambojet flight and “Return” to choose the date you would like to return back to your city.
- Next, state the number of passengers you intend to travel with by clicking on the input field at the bottom and using the plus and minus signs on the screen. State if they are adults (over 13 years), children (2-13 years) or infants (below 2 years)
- Click “Search” and you will be taken to the flight selection tab.
- On the flight selection tab, you will find the departure time and other details of your flight on the date that you selected on step 5 above.
- Still on the same tab, you will have to select how you want to travel. There are two ways, basic and smart. With basic, you are only allowed to carry 10Kg of cabin luggage. Smart allows you to carry 10Kg cabin luggage and 23Kg hold luggage but is a bit more expensive than the basic option. Select the one that is most convenient to you for both outbound and return flights.
- Read the terms and conditions. Click on the checkbox next to the terms and conditions page link to confirm that. Now click on the button labelled “Next” at the bottom.
- You will be taken to the next tab where you will have to fill in the passenger details.
- Apart from your personal details like names, date of birth, contact, etc, you will have to fill in the accurate details of the passengers you are travelling with, as you stated on step 6 above and click “Next”.
- Next, you will be taken to the “Services” tab.
- On this tab, you will have to choose the seats if you selected “Smart” as your way of travelling in step 9 above. Choose whether you want special baggage, extra baggage or special assistance seats. This will come at a cost. Ignore this if you selected “basic”. After choosing your seats, click “Next”
- Next, you will be taken to the payments tab. You will have to choose the method that you wish to pay for your Jambojet flight like credit cards, for example Mastercard, American express and visa or mobile e.g Mpesa, Airtel money and Equitel. Choose “mobile” in order to pay for your Jambojet flight via Mpesa.
- Next, Your total cost of flight will be indicated below the page. Enter your Mpesa mobile number and click “Next”.
- After that, your flight booking status will be put on hold for one hour. At this period, an SMS will be sent to you with your booking details, full cost of the flight and further instructions on how you will have to pay for your Jambojet flight via Mpesa.
- To pay for your Jambojet flight via Mpesa, use the Paybill number 737700. Use the unique code that you received in the sms as your account number.
- You will receive an email once you complete your Jambojet flight payment.
- That’s it, you have successfully booked a Jambojet flight online and paid via Mpesa. Enjoy your flight.
Points to Note When Booking a Jambojet Flight Online
- It is cheaper to book a Jambojet return or inter-city flights instead of two or more separate flights
- Make sure to make full payments of your Jambojet flight while your booking remains on hold during the given one hour window period. The booking will be cancelled if you don’t complete within the period
- Contact the Jambojet call centre if you don’t receive an SMS on step 17 above