Mpesa is now a global payment solution provider. Through the unveiling of the M-Pesa virtual VISA card, Safaricom has now enabled users to make payments on international online platforms and get goods and services using this card. This means that you can now buy products and services on global websites like Amazon and Netflix and pay using the M-Pesa VISA card. Read this article to get more information on how to apply for a Safaricom Mpesa Visa card.
Mpesa global pay virtual VISA card is a result of a partnership between M-PESA and VISA. The service is linked to the customer’s Mpesa wallet thus facilitating global payments. For a long time, Kenyans who have been waiting for an online payment program that is linked directly to their Mpesa Wallets, finally have a solution. Since most Kenyans are using Mpesa for payments, Safaricom users will be glad since they are now exposed to the globally accepted payment provider.
Unlike Lipa Na Mpesa and other Safaricom payment services, using an M-PESA VISA card is transaction cost-free. To apply for a Safaricom Mpesa Visa card is simply done by following the steps below;
How to apply for a Safaricom Mpesa Visa card
The Procedure of How to Apply For a Safaricom Virtual Visa Card
- Download the M-PESA app from the PlayStore
- Follow the prompt to open the app
- Go to the Grow tab
- On the options, select global Pay and choose to opt-in
- You will receive a message from globalpay confirming your registration
- You can now customize your card appearance, the color, and image
- Once you are done with card customization, press create as your final step
- You will receive a message containing your card number and the expiry date
- You can also see your card details using the Mpesa app
- You can also use USSD code *344# to access global pay
How to Use Mpesa Virtual Visa Card
The Mpesa card can be used like any other VISA card, when making payments; choose the Visa card option, and enter your card number. Go back to the Mpesa app and check the three digits CVV to finish the transaction.
What You Need to Know about Mpesa VISA Card
- Anybody can be registered on this platform even if you have more than one SIM card registered under your ID number.
- The card is only working on the international platforms
- The card becomes inactive if is not used for 6 months
- The card expires after 3 years.
- You use the card to make payments on Netflix, app store Google and Play store among others.
- You can only send up to Ksh 150,000 per transaction
Physical VISA cards have a CVV number at the back. The number is always used when making payments. However, with M-Pesa virtual card, the dynamic CVV number changes every 30 minutes as a way of maintaining security.