Dr. William Ruto is the 5th President of Kenya and he is among the wealthiest individuals in Kenya. In fact President William Ruto is among the top wealthiest persons in Kenya. Dr. Ruto has previously held various political positions from earlier days as Eldoret North Member of Parliament, to a cabinet minister, and a deputy president before becoming the president of Kenya in 2022.
In this article we shall look at how William Ruto rose from a simple Chicken seller in Eldoret to the Most powerful man in Kenya an one of the single wealthiest person to date. We shall also look at properties owned by William Ruto and companies under his name.
To start with Dr. William Ruto is valued to be in Billions of Kenyan Shillings
Properties Owned By William Ruto
As part of his land holdings, Dr Ruto owns 976 acres at Murumbi farm in Trans Mara, 15,000 acres at Mutara farm in Laikipia and 2,536 acres at Mata Farm in Taita Taveta. He also operates the 102-bed Dolphin Hotel in Shanzu, Mombasa, and the 117-bed Weston Hotel on Lang’ata road in Nairobi.
Additionally, the DP owns Kitengela Gas, three residences in Karen, Nairobi, and Elgon View and Kosachei in Eldoret, plus a poultry farm in Koitalel, Uasin Gishu County. The DP also owns five choppers through Kwae Island Development Ltd, which operates as KIDL Helicopters from its two hangars at Wilson Airport.
Of the 5 choppers that President Ruto owns is 5Y KDM, which is an Airbus H145 T2 with a purchase price of Sh970 million; 5Y DSC (Eurocopter 130 T2, Sh740 million); 5Y KDN (Airbus H130, Sh330 million); 5Y DSN (Airbus H125, Sh290 million); and 5Y SAK (Airbus H125, Sh290 million). All these worth Sh2.6 billion choppers.
William Ruto Salary
According to SRC, Ruto was earning a salary of Ksh 1,469,235 every month as a deputy president minus all allowances. As a president, William Ruto is now taking home Kshs 1,505,070 every month, excluding allowances. This translates to an increment of about Ksh 35,000 in his salary.
A visit to his rural home in Sugoi will show you another side of Ruto, a farmer. The DP and his wife Rachel have thousands of chicken reportedly imported from India. They collect at least 2,500 eggs a day.
Apart from his political career, Ruto owns multiple businesses all over the country. He also owns land and properties which are all listed below.
In summary here is a list of properties owned by President Ruto;
- Weston Hotel in Nairobi which is estimated to be worth over 2.5 million Kenyan Shillings.
- A 10-acre private home in Karen Estate
- Sixeighty Hotel in Nairobi CBD, worth Ksh. 3 Billion
- A 300-acre land/ home in Uasin Gishu worth 1.2 billion
- Hotels in Mombasa and Mara worth Ksh 3 Billion
- Oseng property limited which is worth Ksh 1 billion
- Residential property along Jogoo rd worth Ksh.1.5 billion
- Orterter Enterprises limited worth Ksh 2.5 billion
- Mata Farm in Taita Taveta
- Osere flats in Ong’ata Rongai estate in Kajiado county worth 500 Million Kenyan shillings
- The K24 station which he bought from the Kenyatta family in 2018.
- Several cars worth Millions including a Toyota Land cruiser v8 ZX which ranges between 11.3 million -15.1 million
- Five choppers worth Sh 2.6 billion
- Residence in Uasin Gishu estimated at 1.2 billion
- AMACO insurance; Ruto is a major shareholder in the Africa Merchant Assurance Company.
- Kwae Island Development limited
- A Ksh 750 million poultry business in Turbo in Uasin Gishu county. The poultry farm is said to have 250,000 layers which earn him almost 1.6 million a day.
The president has also invested in different businesses outside the country. He exports different farm produce to other countries including Zambia, earning him more than 27 billion per year.