A rapid response team from Nairobi has been sent to Ongata Rongai to retrace the steps of the first Kenyan coronavirus patient who tested positive.
The 27 year old lady took her self to hospital when she started feeling unwell.
Reports indicate that the 27 year lady arrived from the U.S and in an apartment in Ongata rongai. She is said to have been staying alone at Ongata Rongai.
It is from here that she felt unwell and took her self to Kenyatta National Hospital where she tested positive for the Coronavirus.
7 people she interacted with at Ongata Rongai have been identified and quarantined. The Rapid Response Unit is in the process of identifying more people she interacted with.
As a precautionary measure, Kagwe has given the following orders:
- Persons with a cough or sneeze to stay at home
- Stay at home if you feel unwell with fever
- All public gatherings suspended
- All inter-schools events suspended
- Public transport providers to provide hand sanitizers
- All prison visits suspended
- All crusades have been suspended but church activities can go on provided the church has a sanitizer at entry points
Health CS Mutahi Kagwe says travel outside the country has been suspended unless absolutely necessary; zero travel to countries with high coronavirus cases.
Earn More With Your Website
Now your can earn more with your website. Triple your Google AdSense earnings by signing up with Ezoic.