Mpesa customers can now send money from their Mpesa wallet to any other network using the Tuma popote money transfer option.
Safaricom Tuma Popote payment method allows Mpesa customers to send money across networks such as Airtel and Telkom. This money transfer option requires users of the other network to be registered with their money transfer services. For instance Telkom Kenya subscribers are required to have registered with T-Kash while Airtel subscribers are required to have registered with Airtel Money services.
How to send money from Mpesa to other networks
To send money from your Mpesa mobile wallet to other network using Tuma Popote, dial *334# on your Safaricom Mpesa line. Follow the steps below to complete the transaction
How to send money to any network using Mpesa
- Dial *334# on your safaricom line
- Select send money option
- Select send to another network.
- Enter the mobile number of the recipient.
- Enter amount you wish to send
- Enter your Mpesa PIN to Complete the transaction
- You will receive a confirmation SMS confirming your transaction
It is possible to send money to customers who are not registered with their mobile money services on the other networks via the USSD *334#. Respective charges for sending to unregistered customers will apply.
Incase you send money to a wrong recipient via Mpesa Tuma Popote, it is possible to request for a reversal. Simply call Safaricom or send an SMS to 100 or 200 to initiate reversals.
How much can one send with Tuma popote method?
With Tuma Popote, the daily Mpesa transaction limits apply when sending or receiving money on Mpesa Tuma.
Below are Mpesa set limits for daily transaction
- The minimum send amount is Kshs 101 while the maximum send amount is Kshs 150,000.
- The current send money on net tariff will apply when sending money.
By following the above steps, you will be able to transact with a lot of ease across networks