The Communication Authority of Kenya (CA) has asked all Kenyans to re-register their SIM cards afresh in an attempt to capture user data and cub fraud cases. This process requires one to either register online or visit the nearest customer care service to get your SIM card details updated. Safaricom, Telkom and Airtel which are the largest Telco companies in Kenya have been experiencing influx of customers who are seeking for the service.
While many throng customer care centres of Safaricom, Airtel and Telkom for SIM card Re-registration, what many are not aware of is that some of these telecommunication companies have made it easier for you to register your SIM card online.
For instance, Airtel SIM card holders can easily submit their information online without the need of visiting Airtel agent or customer care shop.
How To Register Your Airtel SIM card Online
Follow the below process to re-register your airtel SIM card online
- Log into the official Airtel Kenya Website
- Click on the ‘Update Now’ icon to enter your information
- Enter your Airtel SIM card number with the first 0 omitted eg 73688*****
- Click on validate and Get OTP
- Enter the One Time PIN send to your number
- Enter your national ID Number
- Upload the front side photo of your ID
- Upload the back side photo of your ID
- You will receive a confirmation SMS that your details were uploaded successfully and you should wait for 24 hours for your records to be updated
That’s it. By following these simple steps, you would have updated your records successfully. This process can as well be done if you visit the nearest Airtel customer care center.
How To Re-register your Safaricom SIM Card online
Here is the simple update process:
- Go to this link.
- Enter your phone number.
- Enter the one-time password you will receive via SMS.
- Upload the front and back images of your ID.
- Complete and submit.
Afterward, the page will alert you that the process has been completed successfully.
Alternatively, visit the nearest Safaricom customer care center near you for the re-registration. The following steps will then follow;
- Visit the nearest Safaricom customer care shop with your ID
- The agent will run your ID through their database to Identify Safaricom SIM card registered under your name.
- Confirm that indeed the SIM cards are under your ownership.
- A passport photo of yourself will then be taken
- You will then have to sign on their note pard
- That’s it.
By following the above steps, you will have successfully updated and re-registered your SIM card. The deadline for SIM card re-registration is on 15th April.
Earn More With Your Website
Now your can earn more with your website. Triple your Google AdSense earnings by signing up with Ezoic.