Kenyans can now easily apply and enroll for the M-Akiba government treasury bond and make profit. The good news is that one can easily do it online or using their phone. In this article, we shall see how one can enroll in the M-Akiba government bond and start generating profit.
It should be noted that investing in government treasury bond is one of the safest and sure ways to invest and create wealth. The minimum amount one can enroll with in the M-Akiba government treasury bond is Ksh.3,000
What is a bond?
“Bond” in financial terms means money that a company borrows from its investors to raise more capital. The company which is the borrower pays back the investors their money with interest within a specified period of time.
A retail bond is a type of bond that can be traded on the stock exchange just like shares. The only advantage is that the risks are lower. M-Akiba government bond falls into that category.
What is M-Akiba government treasury bond?
M-Akiba government bond is a retail bond issued by the Government of Kenya to the general public. In this case, the Kenyan government is the borrower while the general public is the lender.
The main reason why the government of Kenya has issued M-Akiba government bond to the public is to raise funds for infrastructural development. By doing so, it also encourages a saving culture among Kenyans.
M-Akiba government bond usually pays 10% interest per year which is payable after every six months.
How to apply for M-Akiba Government treasury bond:
Anybody can qualify to register and enroll for M-Akiba government bond. The process is simple and straight forward. You don’t have to visit any government office and no forms are required to be filled.
- You need to be a Kenyan citizen of 18 years and above
- Mobile phone which is registered to M-pesa
- Identification card (ID) number
How to apply for M-Akiba government treasury bond
- Dial the USSD code, *889# on your Safaricom line and hit the “call” button
- You will be prompted to enter your service pin. If you do not have one yet, reply with “0” where you will be taken through steps to set a new one
- Enter your National Identification (ID) card number
- A prompt will appear on your screen asking you whether you want to register. Reply with “1” to agree
- Read and accept the terms and conditions
- You will receive a confirmation message informing you of your successful registration to M-Akiba government bond
- You will also receive a message containing information of your new M-Akiba account, for example your M-Akiba account number. Keep it because you will need it to conduct your M-Akiba business in future
READ>>>>Borrow Money From These Apps at your own Risk| The Digital Lenders Association of Kenya Has Announced
Why you should enroll for M-Akiba government bond
- It is cheap and affordable. At only a minimum of 3000 shillings, you can enroll for M-Akiba government bond.
- Income from Interest paid to you from M-Akiba will not attract income tax
- M-Akiba government bond is a low risk investment because you are assured to get back your money plus interest on maturity date
- M-Akiba is listed on Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE). You are therefore free to sell your bond and quit at any given time that you please
- You can easily do your transactions with your mobile phone any time, anywhere
- When you enroll for M-Akiba bond, you will be saving your money as you earn more
With all these benefits, it is no secrete that buying M-Akiba government bond comes with a lot of benefits