KASNEB is a professional examination body in Kenya that offers both certificate and diploma courses in various fields. The body is much known for accounting courses and produces highly qualified accountants.
Among the courses offered by KASNEb include: Accountancy, governance and management, Information and Communication Technology, Finance, Credit and other related courses.
KASNEB courses are examined under three different categories; Professional Examinations, Diploma Examinations and Certificate Examination
We shall also look at the minimum requirements for students who wish to pursue various KASNEB courses.
KASNEB Professional Examinations Courses
- Certified Secretaries (CS)
- Certified Information Communication Technologists (CICT)
- Certified public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Credit Professionals (CCP)
- Certified Investment and Financial Analysts (CIFA
KASNEB Diploma Examination Courses
- Accounting Technicians Diploma (ATD)
- Diploma in Credit Management (DCM)
- Diploma in Information Communication Technology(DICT)
KASNEB Certificate Examination Courses
- Certificate in Accounting and Management Skills (CAMS)
Students who wish to undertake any KASNEB course can choose from the above options under the specific examination categories. Below are the various KASNEB Minimum qualification requirements for one to undertake any examinable course under a specific category.
KASNEB Minimum Course Requirements and Qualifications for Students
KASNEB Certificate Examinations Course Requirements
Students seeking to be registered for Certificate in Accounting and Management Skills (CAMS) must show evidence of being a holder of the following minimum qualifications:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination with an average aggregate of at least D (D Plain) or its equivalent.
KASNEB Diploma Examinations Course Requirements
A person seeking to be registered as a student for any of the diploma examinations must show evidence of being a holder of one of the following minimum qualifications:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination with an average aggregate of at least C- (C Minus) or equivalent qualifications.
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) examination grade D.
- Any other kasneb technician or diploma examination certificate.
KASNEB Professional examinations Course Requirements
A student seeking to be registered for any of the professional examinations mentioned above must show evidence of being a holder of one of the following minimum qualifications:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination with an average aggregate of at least C+ (C plus) or its equivalent.
- Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE) with at least TWO Principal passes provided that the applicant has credits in Mathematics and English at Kenya Certificate of Education (KCE) level or equivalent qualifications.
- kasneb technician, diploma or professional examination certificate.
- A degree from a recognized university.
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) examination grade C in 6 papers with C in both English and Mathematics.
- Such other certificates or diplomas as may be approved by kasneb.
Where Can one enroll for KASNEB Courses?
KASNEB courses are offered by various colleges and universities across Kenya. To enroll for a KASNEB Course find out from the learning institution in they offer KASNEB Course of your interest.