JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to see "WP Copy Data Protect" effect. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To see full result of "WP Copy Data Protector", enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

What You Will Need to Live, Work or Study in Australia as Foreigner

There are thousands of reasons why you’ll enjoy living in Australia as a foreigner. If you have been there, you will confirm what I’m saying here. However, for those of you who have not put their feet on the land Down Under, this article will provide information about a few reasons why you should live, study and work in Australia.

In Kenya I have come across a number of people who are processing their documents to go study in Australia. I must say a majority of them have succeeded and now they are studying and working in Australia. I must also say that those who manege to get job opportunities in Australia have admitted that the pay is good as compared to what their counterparts in Kenya are being paid.

This means should you get a chance to go live, or work in Australia, it might be that golden opportunity to get greener pasture and change your life. all this starts with you getting a passport and making sure you meet the minimum requirement.

The information outlined below will help prepare you to plan and understand your visa application. As with most things in the Australian Immigration, there are strict requirements that need to be adhered to when applying for a Visa, so it is important to understand all the details in order for your application to move forward.

Age Requirements

The age requirements for dependent partner visa are:

  • The applicant must be under 50 years of age.
  • They must be married to an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, and have been living in a genuine marriage relationship for at least 12 months before you apply (unless you are an exempt applicant).
Immigration classifications

The Department of Home Affairs is responsible for administering the visa system and issuing visas to foreign nationals.

Visa classifications are defined by the type of visa, its length, and purpose. For example, a visitor visa will allow you to stay in Australia for a short period of time whereas an employer sponsored 457 Visa allows you to live in Australia for longer than three months with the possibility of applying for permanent residency after four years if certain conditions are met.

Visas issued by DHA include:

  • Subclass 885 Visitor (Temporary) Visa;
  • Subclass 886 Medical Treatment (Short Stay Activity);
  • Subclass 887 Medical Treatment (Long Stay Activity);
  • Subclass 888 Student Visa;
  • Subclass 889 Student Exchange (Temporary);
  • Subclass 890 Partner Migration Visa;
Visa applications

You must apply for the right visa in the first place. You can’t just hope that everything will work out, and you need to be very careful about what you submit when applying.

You also have to be eligible for a visa, and if not, then you will be refused. If your application is refused in Australia because of lack of eligibility or fraud, there is no appeal process and no chance of being allowed into Australia at all (unless with private sponsorship). The only way out from this situation would be to go through expensive legal proceedings which might not even work – it’s best to avoid this scenario altogether by making sure your application goes through smoothly from start to finish!

Read>>>Visa Free Countries For Kenyan Passport Holders

Australia Foreign Student Visa Application Requirement

In order to apply for a student visa, you will need to fill out the Application Form and send it along with your documentation to the Department of Home Affairs.

You will also need to submit a personal statement, which explains why you want to study in Australia and what you hope to achieve by doing so.

There are specific requirements for each type of study visa, so be sure that you have all the correct forms before submitting your application.

To apply for a student visa, you will need to provide the following:

1. You must be outside Australia when you lodge your application.

2. You must be at least 18 years old, or 16 if you are applying for an education in a school or vocational education and training (VET) course.

3. You must have enough money to cover your costs while you are in Australia, including the cost of getting a Visa (if applicable). This amount is AU$18,600 per year for an undergraduate course and AU$24,830 per year for an approved postgraduate course. Your study fees are not included in this amount.

Best Universities in Australia

Finding the right university in Australia can be a daunting task. There are hundreds of universities, both public and private, to choose from—and they’re all offering different degrees and experiences.

The top 10 universities in Australia are:

1. University of Melbourne

2. University of Sydney

3. Monash University

4. Australian National University (ANU)

5. University of Queensland (UQ)

6. University of Western Australia (UWA)

7. Macquarie University (MQ)

8. Deakin University (Deakin)

9. Swinburne University of Technology (Swinburne)

10. La Trobe University

Foreign Citizen and Resident Visa Sponsorship Req

In order to sponsor a relative to immigrate to Australia, you must meet the following requirements:

  • You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
  • The sponsored relative must be your spouse, parent, child (under 18 years of age), or sibling.
  • The relationship between yourself and your sponsor can be either direct or indirect (for example, through marriage).

The person you are sponsoring will need an appropriate Visa category before they can travel to Australia. For example: A U.S. citizen may sponsor their foreign spouse for a Partner Visa; a permanent resident may sponsor their family members from overseas if they have applied for residency in advance; etc…

Partner Program

The Partner Program is a visa that allows you to live in Australia with your partner. You must be married, in a de facto relationship or in a same-sex relationship. Your partner must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen and they must sponsor you before the Department of Immigration can issue you with this Visa. The application process will take around six months to complete but it could take longer if your migration agent is new to their job or if the immigration department has recently changed its procedures for processing Invitations issued under the Partner Migration Program (subclass 820).

If your application is successful and granted by DIAC then as soon as possible after being granted by DIAC, all the relevant documentation will be send to you through mail so that both parties have time to get ready for arrival into Australia

Bonding rule applied to dependent visa applicants.

The Department of Home Affairs requires that you pay a bond of AU$3,000 (about US$2,220) to cover expenses if you’re issued with a Visa and then leave the country. The money is returned to you when you leave Australia within the validity period of your visa.

If you don’t leave Australia when your Visa expires or if your application was rejected, or if you entered Australia on another type of visa and are not eligible for a new subclass 190/186-line visa in 2 years as per Closure Rule (meaning no allowed extension), then there will be no way to retrieve your bond money from them so make sure that before applying for any bonds from any Australian government agencies such as Centrelink or Human Services etc.

Just make sure firstly whether these people really exist or not because there are many fake companies around trying all sorts of ways just to steal people’s hard earned money which is why many foreigners have lost thousands upon thousands over years trying all sorts of schemes only resulting into disappointment after disappointment until finally realizing how important it is not only knowing what kind of company they are working with but also making sure they’re legitimate before spending good amount money!

You need to apply within a specific time limit.
  • You need to apply within a specific time limit. In most cases, the visa application process takes up to three months. If you do not apply within this time limit, you will not be eligible for that visa.
  • Apply well in advance of the time limit. Some visas have shorter application windows than others and these are generally more competitive as well—so if you can get your paperwork done sooner, do it! You can also use our Visa Wizard here on Australia’s Department of Immigration website to estimate how long processing might take based on previous applications submitted by other applicants with similar characteristics (age, education level).

The Australian Government has devised a plan for the immigration of skilled workers. You need to apply within a specific time limit. The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) will assess your application and decide whether or not you are eligible to migrate to Australia. If you are approved, they will send you an email with instructions on how to proceed. Your visa will be issued within two weeks of receiving the email, so it is important that you prepare adequately in advance.

Signup now and get your website today with the leading web hosting company in Kenya: Kenya Website Experts. No Skills Required

Buy and sell anything for free on the biggest free online marketplace in Kenya.Visit


Majira Media

Keeping you in the loop. I write to share information that matter. From technology to business tips, I share information to inspire and educate