In Kenya cases of guys getting their PayPal accounts suspended or even permanently closed has been on the rise in recent years. Many of the Kenyans who depend on PayPal for payment have often complained of their money being withheld by PayPal frequently and often asked to verify the transactions or even to confirm their accounts. Did you know you can avoid all these and get your PayPal account receive ans send money without any problem?
Yes I have been a victim of this in the past and on numerous occasion whenever I received payment I had either wait for 24 hours or a week after confirming the service offered. Worse still i have heard stories from my friends who have had their payments withheld by PayPal for 180 days or ended up loosing their account and payment all together.
So how do you avoid this? The answer is not to look for alternative online Payment option. I tell you if you are a freelancer you will hardly get a client who will pay you via World Remit, Skrill or other online form of payment. almost all of them will demand they pay via PayPal.
If you are doing genuine business you need to verify and confirm your PayPal account to run your business without hitches. Read along to find out what exactly i did to get my transactions with pal run without any hitches. and if you are just beginning with PayPal, I will show you how to open your PayPal account the right way.
How to Open PayPal Account The Right Way in Kenya
You’ve probably heard of PayPal, the online payment service that lets you send and receive money with ease. But how do you get started? You might be wondering how to open a PayPal account, or how to use your PayPal account correctly. I’ve got answers!
Here’s how you can open a PayPal account the right way:
1. Go to www.paypal.com and click “Sign Up.”
2. Fill out the forms with your personal information and then confirm your email address. In Kenya you will definitely need Mpesa to be able to transact with PayPal. Therefore make sure your PayPal name matches your Mpesa name.
3. Set up your password and security questions for your account, and then agree to PayPal’s user agreement (this is important).
4. Confirm your financial information, including your credit card or bank account information if you want to pay via those methods. This will be used for purchases from other users. You can also skip this step if you don’t want to use this feature right away or ever!
Its also worth noting that the postal address you are providing is can be traced to other documents you own such us bank or utility bills since at one point you will need to confirm this postal details.
Once your account has been set up, you can be able to receive payment at this point. however you might have a challenge withdrawing funds from your PayPal account. The easiest way to withdraw money from your PayPal account is via Mpesa. here you will need to link your PayPal account with Mpesa
How to link your PayPal account with Mpesa
To link your PayPal account with Mpesa, follow these steps:
1. Open the M-Pesa app and sign in to your M-Pesa account.
2. Select ‘Settings’ in the menu bar at the top of your screen.
3. Choose ‘Link account.’ Then, choose ‘PayPal.’ The next screen will have a list of options for linking PayPal to your M-Pesa account—select ‘Link PayPal.’
4. Type in your phone number and hit ‘Next.’ Then, type in your password and hit ‘Next.’ This allows you to verify that you are who you say you are, which is important for security reasons!
5. After completing this step successfully, you’ll see a message telling you that your PayPal account has been successfully linked to Mpesa!
Alternatively, you can use the PayPal Mobile Money page to link your PayPal account to Mpesa.
At this point you may be able to transact normally, however it will not take long before PayPal starts withholding your money from your account for 24 hours, one week or even 180 days.
So whys is PayPal withholding your funds?
PayPal withholds money in your account for a number of reasons, including:
–Account closure: If you cancel your PayPal account, they may withhold any funds that are in your account until all pending transactions are completed.
–Restricted use of funds: If you have restrictions on the use of your account, PayPal may also withhold money from it. This can happen if you have an outstanding balance due to us or if PayPal believe there might be a risk that you would misuse some of the funds in your account.
–Account review: In some cases, PayPal may review accounts based on suspicious activities and hold any funds that are related to those activities until they are resolved. This is called a “frozen” account.”
If you don’t want PayPal to withhold your funds, there are a few things you can do:
How To Verify Your PayPal Account
To verify your PayPal account, do it providing the details of your bank or credit card. This will help PayPal verify that you are who you say you are by using a third-party verification system.
To link a debit card to your PayPal account, you’ll need to have:
-Your debit card.
-Your debit card’s expiration date.
Follow these steps to link your debit card to your PayPal account:
1. Log in to your PayPal account and select “Profile” from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
2. Select “Linked accounts” from the left column under “My profile.” (If you do not see this option, you may be logged into an outdated version of the site.)
3. . Enter the first six digits of your debit card number and select “Next.” You will then be asked to provide your card security code (CSC), which can be found on the back of most debit cards above where it says “CVC” (the three-digit number directly below the magnetic stripe). The CSC is typically printed in black ink on white paper and often looks like a large letter followed by four numbers (for example: 214).
From here PayPal will make a withdrawal and a deposit on the card to complete the linkage.
You should the go ahead and conform your card by allowing PayPal to make a small withdrawal. The receipt will come with a 4 digit code to be entered in your PayPal online account for confirmation.
This is very important. from here the issues of you funds being held will be a thing of the past. But after using PayPal for sometime, you will be confrontation by another demand from PayPal. You will receive funds one day and before you can withdraw the fund PayPal will ask you to confirm your Identity and Postal address. this is the part where i told you to be careful with the details you give when opening a PayPal account.
PayPal asks for ID and postal address confirmation from users because it is required by law. PayPal is a business that processes payments, and as such has to comply with anti-money laundering laws (AML).
These laws require PayPal to verify the identity of its customers so that it can keep track of who is using their platform and what those customers are doing with it. They also help prevent fraud by ensuring that funds are going to the right places.
If you don’t provide this information, PayPal will be unable to send payment to your bank account or credit card. That means you won’t be able to pay with PayPal if you need to make a purchase online or send money to family members.
PayPal also verify addresses so that they can ensure they are correct and up to date, which helps prevent fraud. If they don’t have the correct address on file, then it’s possible that someone could use your account without your knowledge—and that would be bad for both of us!
How to Confirm Your PayPal Account
Here you will need to confirm your Identity and postal address you used at the initial stage of opening your account
To confirm your identity and Postal Address with PayPal, you’ll need to provide:
– A government-issued ID (like a driver’s license or passport) and
– Proof of address (like a utility bill or bank statement)
Here you will need to give the correct details of the two items you will have selected and attach clear photos of the same containing and showing the details you gave out.
Upon submitting the relevant information and documents PayPal will verify the information given within a week.
Should any submitted document fail to much, you will have to reconfirm by submitting the correct document or information. You risk loosing Your PayPal account permanently should you fail to submit the required documents containing your details.
If everything is done correctly, your account will be up and running smoothly. You will now be able to transact without any challenge.