How to Turn On Bluetooth on a Laptop Computer and share files. If you’re trying to connect your laptop to another device that uses Bluetooth, there are a few different ways you can turn the function on. Depending on the operating system of your laptop and what kind of device you plan to use with it such as an external mouse, you may have different options. If you don’t know how to turn on Bluetooth on your laptop, these steps will help you get started:
How To Turn On Bluetooth On Windows 10
To turn on Bluetooth, follow these steps:
1. Click on the Start button in the bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Click on Settings on the left panel of your screen and then click on Devices.
3. Click on Bluetooth & other devices and then click on Bluetooth.
4. Select the slider next to “On” to turn Bluetooth on or off depending on what you want to do and then click
5. Apply at the bottom of your screen, followed by OK when prompted by Windows 10.
How to pair a Bluetooth device on Windows 10
To pair a Bluetooth device on Windows 10, follow these steps:
1. Click the Start button in the bottom-left corner of your screen.
2. Click Settings.
3. Click on “Devices.”
4. Click on “Bluetooth & other devices.”
5. Click on “Add Bluetooth or other device” in the bottom-right corner of the window.
6. Choose your device from the list that appears and follow any additional instructions to complete pairing.
How To Turn On Bluetooth On Windows 7
To turn on Bluetooth on a laptop computer, you need to first open the Control Panel. To do this, click the Start button on your desktop and then click Control Panel. This will open up the Windows 7 Control Panel window, which is where you can adjust various settings for your computer.
Next, click on Hardware and Sound under the System and Security heading in order to open up the Hardware and Sound window.
In this window, click “Bluetooth Devices” under the Device Manager heading to open up a new window with all of your Bluetooth devices listed.
If there are no devices listed here, then you don’t have any Bluetooth-compatible hardware attached to your computer at this time. If there are Bluetooth-compatible hardware attached to your computer such as smartphone, headphones or speakers, then select one of those devices from this list and click “Enable.”