WhatsApp is one of the best messenger App that allows users to share messages and file anywhere in the world. WhatsApp allows users to set the app to dark mode. This design is new and different from the default one. Setting your phone to dark mode does not permanently change the color of your WhatsApp background. You can always reverse back to traditional palette of light gray and green. In this article we shall see how you can set WhatsApp to dark mode on Android, iPhone and Windows.
Why WhatsApp Introduced Dark Mode
There are a number of reasons that prompted WhatsApp to introduce the dark mode.
- Many people find dark background easier to look at for longer period of time.
- Favorable during the night as it emits less light.
- People sensitive to bright light find dark mode much friendlier to work with.
- Dark mode uses less power than brighter mode.
- It makes a refreshing change on your WhatsApp interface.
According to WhatApp statement the major reason for the introduction of the dark mode was to improve readability while at the same time making different interface elements clear and distinct.
How to set your WhatsApp to dark Mode on Andriod
You will need to have an up to date WhatsApp version to be able to set WhatsApp to dark mode. To set your android phone to dark mode, follow these simple procedures and you will be done. There are 6 major steps to follow in order to set your android gadget to WhatsApp dark Mode.
- Go to your WhatsApp messenger and open it.
- At the top right corner, tap on the three humbug dotted lines.
- Select settings’.
- Tap ‘Chats’.
- Tap ‘Theme’.
- Select ‘Dark’.
You can use the same procedure for other color modes you wish. You can as well reset it to default settings.
Read Also:How To Download Videos From Youtube
How to set WhatApp to dark mode on iPhone
Before you can set your WhatsApp to dark mode on your iPhone,you need to have the latest version of WhatsApp. Then follow this procedure to set your iPhone to dark mode.
- Go to your WhatsApp messenger and open it
- At the top right corner, tap on the three humbug dotted lines
- Select settings’
- Tap ‘Chats’
- Tap ‘Theme’
- Select ‘Dark’
How to set WhatsApp to dark mode on desktop
The WhatsApp dark mode was not released at the same time as for android and iPhone. But in your Chrome or Firefox browser, you can set your WhatsApp to dark mode using Stylus Plugin.
Ways to improve the performance of your WhatsApp
Whereas switching to dark mode has its fair share of benefits there are several things you can do to improve the performance of WhatsApp on your phone or computer.
- Delete unnecessary and old files that you no longer need. Keeping the old files on your WhatsApp tends to slow down the performance of the App. The old files Creates junk that hinders smooth running of the App. By deleting the old file the App becomes lighter thus takes less time to process files.
- Always Update your App. WhatsApp constantly introduces new versions of the App. Updating your App makes it more secure and efficient. You can always check for WhatsApp updates through Google Play Store for android users and Appstore for iPhone users.
- Always download and store important files on your gadget. To avoid losing your important files while clearing junk, its good practice you download the files to an external storage, this way, you won’t lose your videos, photos or other data files.
Read Also:13 Best Electronic Shops in Nairobi