Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission EACC clears Kenyan citizens who seek clearance services against financial malpractices or corruption related activities from the commission. For one to get EACC clearance certificate, one is required to obtain the EACC clearance forms from its website, fill them in double and get them certified and stamped.
EACC clearance certificate is considered as one of the most difficult document to acquire. This is due to the nature of application process. During the application of the certificate, one must physically present themselves to the EACC offices to be cleared. I will take you through the process on how you can apply for the EACC clearance step by step.
Requirements for getting EACC Clearance Certificate
- National Identity Card (ID) or Passport
- High School Certificate
- University Degree (if you have one)
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Lawyer or advocate
Self-declaration form details
- General Information
- Birth Information
- Marital Status
- Educational Qualifications
- Membership of Professional Organization (If Any)
- Reasons for Declaration
- Moral and Ethical questions
- Employment information
- Oath and Affirmation
EACC Clearance Certificate Application Process
To get the EACC clearance certificate, follow these steps.
- Download the self-declaration form and fill it in duplicate (two copies). The form is usually in PDF form. Fill the two forms while leaving the last page blank (Oath & Affirmation)
- Attach the following documents:
- Copy of identity card or passport
- KRA PIN certificate
- Academic certificates
- Completed form to be signed by the applicant and the signature be witnessed by a Commissioner for Oaths or Magistrate.
- You will the take the filled copies to a lawyer or advocate for verification and stamping. Basically you can take the copies to any law firm near you. This will cost you between Ksh.200 to Ksh.500 depending on the law firm
- Submit the stamped and completed form to the EACC office, the details are verified and acknowledgment of the application is done by stamping on the copy of the application which is retained by the applicant.
- Completed form can be submitted in person or may be dropped on behalf of the applicant at the EACC Head Office at Integrity Centre, Nairobi or at any EACC Regional Office or Huduma Centers country wide. Please do not submit the form online
- No certificate is issued; however, the Commission will submit to the employing agency/panel a confidential report on all shortlisted applicants
- The form that you will retained stamped by EACC is enough to used as a prove that you have been cleared by EACC
Note: It is an offense under S.46 (1) (d) of the Leadership and Integrity Act of 2012 to provide false information to the Commission which is punishable by a fine of Ksh. 5 million or imprisonment for a term of 5 years or both.
- How to apply for HELB Compliance Certificate
- CRB Clearance Certificate Application: Step By Step Procedure Metropol And TransUnion
- How To Apply For Police Clearance Certificate In Kenya -Step By Step
- Guide to Filing KRA ITAX Returns
- The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission has the powers to:
- Educate and create awareness on any matter within the Commission’s mandate.
- Undertake preventive measures against unethical and corrupt practices; economic crime and unethical conduct in Kenya through law enforcement.
- Conduct public education, promotion of standards and practices of integrity, ethics, and anti-corruption.
- Conduct investigations on its own initiative or on a complaint made by any person.
- Conduct mediation, conciliation, and negotiation.
EACC Offices and Contacts
Integrity Centre, Valley Road/Milimani Junction
P.O. Box 61130 – 00200, Nairobi
Tel: (020) 2717318; 2720722; 2100312 / 3
Mobile: 0729 888881 / 2 / 3; 0736 996600 / 33
Fax: (020) 2717473
Email address: email@example.com
Hotline: (020) 2717468; 0727 285663; 0733 520641
Hot fax: (020) 2717473
Report Center email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission Lower Coastal Regional Office- Mombasa
3rd Floor, ACK Mombasa Memorial Cathedral Complex, Nkrumah Road, Mombasa
Office Mobile No.: 0710 768706 or Tel: 041 2319081 / 2
EACC Western Regional Office- Kisumu
Central Square Building, Oginga Odinga Street Junction
Office Mobile No: 0715 408512 or Tel: 057 2023111
EACC North Eastern Regional Office- Garissa
Province Road, Garissa
Office Mobile No.: 0715408512; 0737 994444
EACC Central Regional Office- Nyeri
Advocates Plaza, Next to law Courts and lands Office, Kamakwa Road, Nyeri
Office Mobile No.: 0703 204580; 0789 665500
EACC Western Regional Office- Kisumu
Along Uganda Road at Imperial Court Opposite Eldoret Cathedral
Office Mobile No.: 0703 602727; 0789 776600
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission- Malaba Setllite Office
1st Floor, Border Point Motel, Eldoret- Malaba Road. Malaba Central
EACC Uppre Eastern Regional Office-Isiolo
Lower Kiwanjani, near Isiolo Sunrise Academy,
P.O Box 762-60300
EACC South Rift Regional Office- Nakuru
Moi Road, Nakuru at Assumption Centre CDN
EACC Bungoma Office
Daima Plaza, Mumias- Bungoma Road, Bungoma
People are selling and buying items in your area. Find the hottest and latest offers on goods and services near you. Visit Sokoplus.co.ke