Unlike before, technological advancement has made it possible for people to get financial services through their mobile phones easily. If you go to the Google Play Store today and search for loan apps, you will encounter hundreds of applications offering financial services like loans and salary advances.
The success of mobile money transfer services like M-Pesa has played a significant role in their success, enabling such mobile loan lenders to disburse loans to their clients easily. In this article, we will take a closer look at one particular mobile loan and salary advance lender called Hela Pesa.
What is Hela Pesa?
Hela Pesa is a mobile loan app that borrowers can download, register, and borrow instant loans. Hela Pesa is also a salary advance lender, partnering with various employers to provide salary advance lending services to their employees. Their salary advance service is currently available for select employees like public school teachers, civil servants, police officers, Kenya forest officers, and prison officers. Kenyatta National Hospital, Nakuru county, and Nairobi County employees can also access Hela Pesa salary advance services.
Hela Pesa Services
Below are Hela Pesa services and how they work:
- Peer-to-peer lending: Peer-to-peer lending is a direct form of lending that does not involve a financial institution. Individuals or businesses can obtain loans from other individuals. Hela Pesa provides the platform that enables peer-to-peer lending to work where you can get a loan of up to 100% of your creditability, payable from 1 to 12 months.
- Peer to peer investor: Peer to Peer investor is one of Hela Pesa’s platforms that enable investors to provide loans to borrowers and earn interest. Hela Pesa here acts as the link between investors and borrowers.
- Hela Pesa salary advance: Hela Pesa provides salary advance for employees working for select institutions and county governments. In case of an emergency in the middle of the month, employees can access the service.
How to Join Hela Pesa
To join Hela Pesa, you must be an employee of any institutions or county governments mentioned above. Below are steps to take when you want to join Hela Pesa:
- Open the Google Play app on your smartphone and search “Hela Pesa,” then download and install it on your smartphone. Alternatively, you can visit the Hela Pesa website, www.helacapitals.com, and follow the download link.
- Once you have downloaded the app, click on “Create a new account.”
- A registration form will appear where you are supposed to enter your name, gender, national ID number, email address, and date of birth. Once you have filled them correctly, click “next.”
- Next, you are supposed to enter your M-Pesa number and wait for a One-Time Password (OTP) on the M-Pesa number you just entered.
- Enter the OTP code sent to you via SMS to verify your Hela Pesa account.
- Now, log in to your account using your registration details.
- Enter your employment details like company category, employer name, job title, department, and branch.
NOTE: Once you apply for a Hela Pesa loan, you will get it immediately after your application is approved. Your employer will deduct the amount borrowed from your salary and send it to Hela Pesa when the repayment date is due. You can also pay your loan through the Hela Pesa mobile app.
Hela Pesa is one app among many offering mobile loan services to people. One good thing about it is that when applying for a loan, you won’t need guarantors, savings, registration fees, and security to secure a loan. As an employee, Hela Pesa is definitely a good mobile loan app that you should have on your phone.